CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Duck and Cover

Let me be sure all who are reading fully understand: I adore my family. I love each one of them. I love their laughter, their little bodies, their infectious smiles. However...
I find today, as the mist is clearing to reveal another humid, icky day, that I am..
officially wanting to Hide. I was once asked why I am always engaged in a book or three, watching movies whenever I can spare a moment, and continually seeking conversations with others. Aside from the obvious expansion on my mind; I find that I crave escape. I want to run from the doldrums that are mommydom. As I change the third pair of underwear before 8am on my potty training experiment gone awry, I just want to throw everything in the trash and catch a matinee. No one said this was easy- duh. But today is definitely calling for a substitute. There isn't one and nap time will come in approximately four hours, so there is hope on the horizon.
Just a little vent session for anyone who cares to sympathize. We all have days like today. It my turn.
No picture necessary- please use your imagination.

7 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

YES! I had several days just like this in a row! The potty training, the nursing, the home at 11:25 every day to meet the bus, the exhaustion, the tiredness, the laundry . . . .

And I'm all out of books that will really TAKE ME AWAY.

Maybe that is the beauty of the blog. It is reaffirming to know that we are never alone in our petty trials. This too shall pass . . .

Sadie Lou said...

well if you are so over whelmed then how are you writing?? but it is okay you will get through it!!! :)

zippity-do-da said...

Funny Sadie. As I took the 10 minutes to collect myself, I find my middle child has found a sharpie and drawn all over himself and his sister. I guess I learned my lesson.

Emma Jo said...

I don't have to use my imagination. I've got one naked crying and one regular clothed crying child fighting over a pink poodle purse. ah, the joys of motherhood.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

And if you don't take the ten minutes to blog or count to 1000 or to slam the door and pray or SOMETHING then you will strangle somebody.

boandheidi said...

I totally get it! Just when you think things couldn't get any worse of them will do something totally cute and just grab at your heart strings. I guess the sharpie incident did not, however, pull at the heart strings. Sorry Lexa!!!!

Abby said...

You are funny--and brave. It really isn't for sissies, is it? After having Amy and her family here this past weekend I felt like such a yuppy with our one tidy little child. As hard as it is to find myself less fertile than I would like, I have to stop and ask, "am I really brave enough for a bunch of kids, a 'handful,' if you will? Or am I just all talk?"
Today Cubby decided to go potty by himself, without telling me first, and I laughed so hard as I cleaned pee off the seat and floor (clearly he had been in a very odd position), but would I have found it funny at all if there were two other kids running around, recking havoc? I don't know. I appreciate that it is so much harder with three--with two even--than one. I applaud you--not just on "those days," but on every day. (And I applaud you for healthily coping on "those" days.)