CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Training Triumph!


He did it- FINALLY! My middle child has resisted the potty training for ages. Everyone said "just wait till he's three" "He'll tell you when he's ready". I found this advice to be true for other's- but not Mr. Oblivious. He's 3 1/2 and doesn't care a flying fig how full and disgusting his diaper is. So out of desperation, today became a naked day. Not me- thank you very much- naked boys (my boys must do everything in tandem). Big brother is a potty professional and loved the teacher role. To hear the words " look- it does tricks!" and "I like to hold it like this and then give it a little shake" coming from my four year old with the rapt attention of little brother; was a bit disconcerting.

We set the timer every ten minutes, spending at least ten in the Lu having a potty party. My champion bladder builder held out through the morning with me pouring all liquids down his trap. And then all by himself- he did it! Success! It was a huge break through. Now he knows he can do it and he even wants to. This is still day one- but I am not putting another diaper on him. We are going all the way!

8 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

ok that one part made me feel very very very UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!! i can't beleive that you typed that for all of the world do read! but i am extreamly happy for you and owie! give him a tickle for me:)

zippity-do-da said...

which "one part" believe me the whole thing has been UNCOMFORTABLE! Yave so much to look forward to in motherhood.

Sadie Lou said...

about when they are "going" if you know what i mean! about how they "go"......hint hint:)

zippity-do-da said...

Go where? and when does the going stop? We made it through day one- can he make it through tomorrow? I day bring it on!

Abby said...

Oh i am happy for you! We have been in the throws of the potty training experience, and it is SO much more training for me than Cubby. It's ME who forgets to take him, etc. He does great and I'm the one ruining it! Grr. I'm that much more inspired now to just forge ahead and be done!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

That is how we potty trained Scallywag, at 3 1/2. I hope you don't have the plethora of regression issues that we did. He will be six in October and I'll pray every day that we don't have an accident in kindergarten. We tried with Poopy Pirate last week (2 1/2) because he seems more mature, but we tried for two days and it didn't take and it he was getting frustrated. Maybe next month.

enginerd said...

A great big kudos to the potty king! I remember my first tinkle...Who wants to hear the adventurous tale of hydrostatic pressure and ants in the pants? It seems like yesterday.
Give the boy, err I mean MAN, a manly high five from a far-away uncle.

Emma Jo said...

Oh little boy underwear, someday, someday. What a big boy and congrats to you, one diaper clad lad -less. A very happy day indeed. And we just all watched your Xanadu entry...tomorrow is a Xanadu day.