CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Next Stage


Tonight we went to Parent/Teacher orientation for my little man's first year at school. It may only be Pre-K, but this may be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do (aside from obstaining from desserts-part of my new rediculous and overrated diet plan). Truly, I look at my 4 year old and want to weep because I know that he had already started on his path that leads him far far away from me. Part of me wants to lock the doors and keep him just for me forever. The other part realizes how much I needed to leave the world of my childhood to find who I realy was.

Yes, I know it is only Pre-K. Only 1/2 of the day. Even at the same school as his dad is teaching. But it is the beginning of the next stage. He is entering a world apart from the one I have created for him; where I can't shield him from all influences deemed unworthy. I guess I just don't want him to grow up. I'm not quite ready for the next stage.

It is a completely spanish class (he really is the only caucasion!) and that will help him to build on his already amazing language skills. His Papa is oh so proud. It will be pretty neat to watch him grow. But I stil wish I could put a lid on him and save him for later. Unfortunately, my precious boy will not keep.

8 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Thanks for commenting on by blog! I knew you'd be a blogger and I've been thinking for a few weeks I needed to try to find you when I saw that "sades" had commented in a few random places. Your family is so cute; you guys look great. I'm linking your blog to my page TODAY!

Sadie Lou said...

aaww lexa your still have him, plus you still have lucy and owen! and how did you do that music thing? you will be okay. i think you are ready for the next stage!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I know you......you know me.... Barney rots brains permanently.

I've read Sadie on the sly while debating if I should let Lauren, my oldest, have a blog too. I keep thinking it might be weird for her if other girls in the Parkway Ward find it. Maybe something private?

Your chillens is so cute!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm seeing some striking similarities in music choices too.

I have 32 Flavors on my blog too, but it's the Alana Davis remake. I used to have Ani DiFranco's song 'Shy' on project playlist before it went verklempt.

1tiredmama said...

It is exciting and sad to see them growing. Ethan went to preschool last year. It was 3 days a week for only 3 and a half hours. This year he is doing a 2 day a week from 9 to 2. He will be eating lunch there and everything. I think kendergarten will the hard one for me. They are so little to be away from mommy all day 5 days a week. Maybe I should move somewhere that they only go half a day. (maybe Colorado!?!?)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

We start kindergarten in a couple of weeks. 1Tired, if you stay in Texas you are really smart to get him in a regular preschool now. That full day of kindy is a killer; it really wipes the little ones out for a couple of months. They only went to that about four years ago. It was all about the test scores. This is the one education issue I'd probably agree wtih elasticwaistbandlady over!

Abby said...

I'm so glad I found you here [in cyberspace]. Somehow it feels so much closer than Texas and NV. I love your blog and you are not alone--Amy is beside herself bc Jake started school--same reasons and all...makes me glad to have a couple more years before that saga. It's gonna be Kleenex and Ben & Jerry's for breakfast at that point!

Abby said...

p.s. I can't believe how bog and old and beautiful Lucy is!! Freaking out, here. That hair--that luscious hair!