CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Peace on Earth

I'm back! So I took a short sabbatical- 6 blog free weeks. I may have lost all my readers, but my sanity is intact. Why is it that the holidays are so very crazy? I knew that if I sat down for two minutes, then I'd be lost. Now that is passed, school has started and I can finally enjoy Peace on Earth, (at least my acre of it).

We have been so busy that I haven't even been reading blogs. I have fallen off the planet- completely lost. Wow- you guys are busy! What a wonderful thing to have friends and to be able to share in their triumphs and losses through the computer. If you can't be there with them, at least you are thinking, laughing, praying with them at home.

I don't have a lot to report- the past 6 weeks are a little blurry. We have been fighting illness, time, and rodents- yes, rodents. We found traces of what appears to be a very evil, vindictive rat in our minivan. We set every trap known to man, and baited it with endless options to appeal to the vermin appetite. He responded with severing my driver's side seat belt in half and decapitating two beloved stuffed animals. Like I said- pure evil. I accidentally left a neck wrap that was filled with flax seeds in van overnight. Inevitably, the plague-carrying, sewer-dweller chewed the neck wrap, feasting on flax seeds. So now his traces are everywhere and he has a healthy heart. Now he will never die! I just wanted to drive the entire vehicle into a lake and watch it sink. Instead... we called an exterminator. We believe we are now rodent free- but I live in constant fear. I'll never feel safe in that car again. I am rerouting all spending to the rat-free car fund. Currently taking donations in the form of cats- mean ones.

I do love vacations. It's so good to have a husband around, and having an excuse to stay in your pajamas all day- but.... I'm so grateful to get back into a routine. I need a set schedule and so do the little people. Hope 2008 finds you all hopeful and happy. We all deserve a really great year.

6 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

oh yes i don't beleive i will ever be riding in you car again! !!! :)
oh and i do not have an exclamation disease!!! :( jk lol :D

*Jennifer* said...

I've only visited your blog for a short while, but i am glad you are back! i love to read your writings! glad to hear you will be riding safely again....creepy little guy!

boandheidi said...

I love seeing your pictures - and you always have the best posts. Sorry about the rat - I actually had a nightmere about it after I read your blog.

CYNDI said...

Alexa, I am finally convinced about blogging - www.jeremyandcyndi.blogspot.com
check us out!

Sabs said...

hooray you're back from the dead:) glad the rat is gone....for now...dun dun dun:)

vk said...

Lexie,

You are certainly my heroe. Taking all sorts of adventures in stride and being able to eloquently describe and laugh at the same time. Miss you.

Love,
Auntie V