CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Move on. Move on to where? And when does the moving stop?

This line from my childhood seems appropriate as I look at my family; particularly, my baby girl. She's a walking fool! She actually kind of waddles in a bowlegged kind of way. We wondered when she would decide to move vertically. With her it is not a question of ability- but motive. One day at 16 months she was ready, and BAM! My baby grew up. It's just a bit odd to look around and see this tiny little doll baby walking with the big boys.

 
Posted by Picasa

I can't get enough of this girl!

11 comments:

TD said...

She looks really cute. They do grow up fast!

Emma Jo said...

OK, it blows my mind that she is so old...I don't know that child!! and that is so wrong!
PS let me know what you think about your current read...I threw it away and didn't even finish it.

meg said...

Lucy seems to really have her own way of doing things! And the moving never stops, unless they are alseep.

Nic said...

It's sad that they grow up so fast. It's very depressing to think in a while they will think we are the worst parents and hopfully they won't hate us. Jade is already telling me to go away and slamming doors. Yup depressing. xoxo

Jenny said...

What a great picture of Lucy. she is adorable (with a personality like her momma!).

Sadie Lou said...

aaww she is so adorable! and yea she does kinda waddle like a penguin! hehe :)

CYNDI said...

I think blogger doesn't like me. I left a comment yesterday, but it is not here! I said something like... why if the days seem to go on forever, how does 16 months go by so fast? How could your teeny little baby girl with crazy hair be so grown up that she is running with the big boys?

JJ said...

What a beautiful little girl. Is she still holding her own with her brothers?

Science Teacher Mommy said...

She is just too cute.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

And, EJ, current read meaning Goose Girl? It has been on my to do list. Didn't it win a Newberry honor or something? What didn't you like?

Sufoot said...

Oh, Alexa Darling...how I've missed you.

And how is it possible that Lucy is that old? Holy moly...