CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Is trying enough?

Every year I set the same goals; more or less. I see so many holes that need to be filled. There is a mammoth pressure to be more than I am now. I have been reading inspiring posts from dear friends who aspire and inspire. I want to catch their vision of a positive, productive future. Yet, too often I am just plain stuck; stalled in my own quick sand of fatique. I feel like my intentions are good, like I really am trying as much as I can; but we inevitably fall short. Are my goals too high? Possibly my thoughts are too low. I just don't think that trying is enough anymore. There are people, cute, little people who depend on me, and a network of friends and strangers that I am meant to lift. Am I enough?

I don't think mine is a singular experience. And though self perception plays a role- it is not the only qualifier. We all struggle in different ways, and the ebb and flow of our lives brings us to different places. I don't need reasurance that I am special or able. I know that. I just need to vent and allow that I am far from my original goals. They are the same- but I am not. I guess our ladder to our potential is so long that we're not always sure if we have made any progress. It's still just one rung after another. I am trying and I guess that has to be enough, because there isn't anyother option.

13 comments:

Nic said...

You must have had the same day as I did today!! You read my mind.. It's nice to know I am not the only person out there that feels this way. Miss you

Nic said...

You must have had the same day as I did today!! You read my mind.. It's nice to know I am not the only person out there that feels this way. Miss you

Emma Jo said...

Oh, I believe that this time of physical exhausting taking care of so much really has the power to overwhelm us. But then I have those moments like yours that make me feel overwhelmed and crazy--I hate operating on the day to day. But then I read what you wrote and feel excitement and invigorated--because self examination is the first step to change and improvement. YOU CAN DO IT and DO IT BEAUTIFULLY!!! I feel like I'm at a pep rally, come on, join me and LET'S DO GREAT!!

*Jennifer* said...

oh-boy, thats my life in a nutshell. i couldn't have described it any better, glad to be in the same boat as someone else.

TD said...

It is nice to be able to see that we all feel the same way. I like seeing that I am not the only one.

Abby said...

Moms are often in a hard spot, as far as seeing our progress. I take comfort in knowing that even on the day where we don't leave the house and not much gets done inside of it--I was with my child. He got fed, taken care of, and knew he was my number 1 priority. Maybe I taught him something, and maybe I just showed him a little love. Add all those mundane days up and you're a total and complete success. Of course we all need to do more and be better! Aren't you glad you want to? Aren't we blessed to se a reason and purpose for it all? Look back and see what great things you've done! You are doing great--I think we all are.

vk said...

LExie, Lexie,

You little mother. What a great job you are doing and believe me, someday your kids will grow up to be as amazing as you. You also write like some author, maybe there is a book in your future.

Love,
Aunt V

Sabs said...

ha, I read this as it is nearly noom and I have my jammies and make-up from yesterday on. Talk about falling short...My teeth are brushed and my kids both have clean diapers on so I guess I can count my day as "I tried" :) Love your posts:)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

TRYING IS ENOUGH

Berly said...

You summed it up perfectly. I have many days like that, but we do the best we can because - we can. I am so glad to have found you in cyberspace. Hope all is well-
Love ya tons

The Titmi said...

ALEXA!!! I have been looking for you forever!! Where have you been!
Check us out at thetitmi.blogspot.com
I would love to hear from you!

Kara said...

I know exactly how you feel. You're doing the best you can, but not really. It is something in us as women that we are never satisfied that we are doing enough or doing it well enough. Go jump out of a plane or do something crazy to remind yourself that you are alive and can live for yourself...and then go home where you are exhausted and live for everyone else(harsh reality)! :0)

Unknown said...

trying is enough.
please visit
www.im-rockstar.blogspot.com