CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Friendship

I have the most amazing friend. I have a few, actually. People who see a need and fill it. People who love me for who I am. Truly amazing women. One particular friend really came through last week. I was throwing this big birthday party for my son, and it got a bit out of hand,(not most capable hands, just my "I don't do party" hands), and I was going a bit Out Of Control. When the panic sets in- it tends to take over and I keep revving in neutral: lots of noise and energy but stuck in one spot. I call my friend; spill out my list of all my worries; and she shows up at my doorstep. Without any preamble or excuses she comes and rescues me. Nothing fancy, just an honest friend who is not afraid to see the underbelly of my house. She scrubbed, and organized, and cooked, and tended kids, and even brought along her sister to help. She cleaned my laundry room that has not been cleaned since we moved in:TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO! (sad but true)
The party turned out really good- fifty or so people, fed and entertained. I will post pictures when I recoup. I am so very grateful for friends. I could not function without them. I just hope I can be like them. Thank you Linzie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Good friends are priceless...wish we could have added 5 more to your party list! Happy birthday cute boy!

Abby said...

How lovely to have such a friend. Mine was Emily...sniff.
I'm impressed you know 50 people, btw. That's one loved little boy!

Sadie Lou said...

hey:( you didn't mention your truely amazing and adorable sister sadie who helped too!!! :)

Sabs said...

hey there its sabrina. love your blog! I laughed when i saw the snake pic:)

www.littlelawtons.blogspot.com

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I remember when we had Scallywag's 3rd birthday, all of the moms who came dropped off a kid (all 2-4 year olds), and most of them dropped off a DAD. One of them even dropped off an older sibling because she was having such a fit about not getting invited.

I tell you what, if you want to see a group of totally useless lump of humanity, get 8 dads at a birthday party. Thankfully, one of the mommies who came saw the impossibility of the situation and stayed. (She was my friend like that when we lived in Texas.) I don't know what I would have done without her. Probably kicked out all the dads.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I remember when we had Scallywag's 3rd birthday, all of the moms who came dropped off a kid (all 2-4 year olds), and most of them dropped off a DAD. One of them even dropped off an older sibling because she was having such a fit about not getting invited.

I tell you what, if you want to see a group of totally useless lump of humanity, get 8 dads at a birthday party. Thankfully, one of the mommies who came saw the impossibility of the situation and stayed. (She was my friend like that when we lived in Texas.) I don't know what I would have done without her. Probably kicked out all the dads.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Sorry I commented twice. I got impatient and pushed the orange bar twice.

Still it is nice to open your post and find a whole bunch of new comments. . . .

By the way, I was thinking about you this week because I am re-reading the Sevenwaters Trilogy and I remember how much fun we had talking about those the couple of times we actually went walking. :)

I had put off re-reading the last for a couple of weeks because I remember not liking it as well, though I remember you saying you liked it the best because the heroine wasn't perfect. She had made mistakes, even serious mistakes, and it took all of her strength to try and right them. So I'm reading the novel with different eyes this time and I think you have a great point. I also think that this character feels like she is so terribly alone and must shut everyone out because she has done these bad things and will always be bad because of it. But in the end, she turns out to the be the strongest of all and saves everybody because of what she has learned about the nature of love and change and choice . . . .

Very interesting. I still am not sure which of the three is my favorite, they are all fabulous, but Child of the Prophecy is my favorite today.

zippity-do-da said...

I want to thank all that helped! Especially my darling sister who even stayed up most of the night helping. Love you Sades! And unlike STM I had very helpful parents- moms and dads both.