CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm going down!

Many moons ago, my husband and I discovered the peace that comes from not having television in the house. We decided against an antenna, cable, or anything that would give us back that distraction. It's been maybe 6 years now- we read more, we talk more, and our kids are safe from commercials. We have videos for them, but it's all pretty censored.
I have now discovered the Internet. We were using dial-up for so long that there was never a temptation. Now... Well I can't stop myself. I go to the network site and watch the shows that I have missed. I am delighted with it- and disgusted with myself. I only watch when everyone is sleeping. I feel dirty. Here of some of my favorites:




So I guess it's safe to throw all my moralistic self-righteous opinions out the window. I'm just like everybody else. I watch TV and I'm proud of it (just don't tell anybody.)

6 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Clark and I did the no TV thing for a while. After being irritated at first we too joined the self righteous non tv-ers. It really was nice...but TV is nice too. We swing both ways baby.
(and I just heard who the lead of Pushing Daisies is, cool.)

enginerd said...

I have had to learn...ALL things in moderation.

Abby said...

I think the last time I saw Lee he was a gawky teen, albeit friendly as all get out--fame and fortune--and age--have made him so handsome!
I'm not ready to learn that lesson quite yet, btw--the one about t.v. being bad, blah blah. Although it's disturbing when my 2 year old asks to watch Suite Life.

Sadie Lou said...

i don't know what i would do without tv! i would be so bored! but sometimes i can see where it is not needed. but let me tell ya you do miss out on alot when you don't have tv! but thats ok:)

vk said...

Alexa,

Thank you so much for sharing your vibrant and honest personality! I love reading your thoughts and seeing your beautiful family. Just thinking about you makes me smile. You have always been special. As for perfection, I wasn't born a Jardine so I have an excuse! :)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

We go through phases. Right now, like in TX, we are pretty limited on channels because cable is ridiculously expensive. In our apartment, it was free so we got really used to it. When it is so readily available, I'm pretty much the the Law and Order Queen. And what about the all CSI channel? Who can resist that. Dharma and Greg . . . Seinfeld . . . Cosby Show . . . and yes, CMT.

Still, it is much quieter now in our home in the evening and there seems to be more time for things that matter. On the other hand, Plantboy's Rockies may be headed to the World Series for the first time ever and he will miss every game. Because he isn't a crazed sports fan, I'm actually pretty supportive when there is something he really cares to see. I guess he is going to have to make a friend really fast or I've got the call Comcast this week and see if they'll hook me up for just a month.