CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Drumroll, Please


So I didn't want to disclose our exciting news until everything was signed and certain. But as you see, that could take a very long time. We are currently in the process of buying our first home, and are very excited. It has been nearly ten years of renting, and I believe the time has come for a bit of escrow. The home is perfectly placed .4 miles from Shane's work, and the boy's school, and our church. We feel very blessed to have found our little dream house. Things are still in process, but we are pretty sure that all will go through. Call it stupidity or faith; we're definitely counting our chicks.

This may be a bit of a let down to you, if you were expecting some earth shattering news (not quite a skinhead, but I did cut NINE inches off my hair); but we are pretty elated. Wish us luck in the mad world of mortgages.

17 comments:

JJ said...

Congratulations! That is an absolutely beautiful house and my, what a yard! You don't get yards like that out here.

I will pray for you and wish you the best. Good luck!

TD said...

That is great news! I hope everything works out.

Sadie Lou said...

ya ya ya ya ya!! i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you guys! and that is looks soooo perfect for your family!!! :)

boandheidi said...

Yeah!!! We are so happy for you! You will love having a house!

Nic said...

I am so happy for you! I love the house. Very nice! Love ya.

*Jennifer* said...

Congrats, what an exciting and scary(well,stressful) time for you and your family! hope all goes well!

Susanna said...

Lovely! Couldn't be more beautiful. Hope everything works out perfectly!

CYNDI said...

The house really is beautiful. You deserve it. Oh, granite countertops! I will just keep dreaming of them! :)

Emma Jo said...

I love the house--it will all work out, you'll see. And nine inches? picture! picture!

Berly said...

Congratulations!!!I hope everything goes well. It is an exciting time and well worth the wait. I can't believe you cut 9 inches off your hair. I want to do the same thing-but a little nervous.

Jenny said...

Wahoo! Wahoo! The Scharmans are all changing address: Shane and Alexa are moving, Clark and Emily are moving, Mike and Megan are moving, Ethan is moving, even Nolan is moving. I want to move too!

The Burkinshaws said...

Congrats that is good news. Now for the pictures, I would like to see the house more and the hair!

vk said...

Okay, when do I come down and we start decorating. What a great adventure you are about to take. Just think, no one else has used the toilet! My favorite thought.....

Love,
Aunt Verlinda

The Titmi said...

Are you in the hometown??

enginerd said...

A big congrats to you! When is the housewarming party?

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Ooo . . . trust me, enjoy that Texas mortgage. It is the only thing that isn't bigger in Texas. It is probably some faith AND some stupidity, but you will love having your own place, even when the payment is hard.

Sufoot said...

Alexa! That's so fabulous! We're also moving into a real grown up house in a month or so...isn't it the most scary thing of all?