CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Don't Pray for Patience!

Ho hum. We are just sitting around, watching our toe nails grow. Life is on the verge of changing for us, and there is NOTHING WE CAN DO TO SPEED IT UP! It feels a lot like those last few weeks of pregnancy (love you EM) when you know it's coming, you feel like you're going to POP, but you just have to wait it out.

I am not known for my patience. I'm the girl who calls you on the phone several times in succession, until you pick up. Children are supposed to help develop this virtue; but I find they are only aggravating my condition. Everything is going in slow motion, like we are underwater- and I'm completely sober!

So don't pray for patience, because you're bound to get lots of practice. Instead we pray that our house will magically close tomorrow! See how practical I am? In the meantime, we trim our nails.

9 comments:

Kara said...

As soon as things change you'll wonder why you were so impatient! Congratulations on the new home. Have fun decorating, I suggest doing the kids' rooms first!!

JJ said...

Yes, patience is one of those virtues we try to acquire our entire lives. I'm not very patient either and I try not to pray for it :-)

Good luck. You're nails will look great when you're done :-)

vk said...

Lexie,

I need to know exactly what address to send your invitation to. (No presents please.) Just want you to have one. Let me know when I can come and help DECORATE!
Love,
Auntie V

TD said...

Patience is a virtue that I do not have. (I have been told this by many family members) Things will work out for the best! Good Luck!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Aggravating my condition. . . funny.

Abby said...

Do we get a picture of the hair? Don't tease me! I showed you mine :) The house stuff is as exciting as it gets for people in our "season," right? (Aside from all those babies and whatnot). A fresh palette! Have fun!

Sabs said...

you had the patience to make that lamp over and over.....good things come to those who wait:) just keep trimming:)

Emma Jo said...

Yeah, I have no encouraging words about patience. Just enjoy the nice weather for now, kick the kids outside until they are so dirty you have to hose them off.

enginerd said...

Patience is tough! The girls have very little of it. I want some and I want it now!